Musician on a Mission is looking for a Marketing Director to run our ads and take ownership of all marketing activities.
In short, we’re looking for an experienced “Full-Stack Advertiser” who can create compelling ads AND manage the media buying. Somebody who can outperform a team of five on their own.
Yes, we’re looking for a unicorn — but we can afford to pay extremely well for the right person.
For the most part, you’ll be getting in the weeds and running ads yourself. But you will also manage a small team of freelancers — so leadership experience is also important.
Other names for this position might be “Advertising Director” or “Rockstar Media Buyer”…
But we decided to name the position “Marketing Director” because you still need to manage some of our other marketing channels (such as SEO and YouTube). But 90% of your time will be spent on advertising.
So, in summary…
If you’re an incredible media buyer…
Who can also write killer copy…
This is your chance to be part of a fast-growth, high-performance team — in a position with high six-figure earning potential.
We help people to make great-sounding music at home — and then make an income from their skills. How? With online courses and high-ticket coaching.
Our business model is a combination of front-end offers and high-ticket coaching programs (with high-ticket being our main focus).
About the Position
This is a full-time, remote position. We’re a UK company but the vast majority of our customers are in the US (and the business runs in USD). Ideally, we are looking for candidates from the US or UK.
Here are some of the core objectives of the position:
- Act as our “Full-Stack Advertiser” and take charge of media buying, creative, CRO, data tracking, marketing technology and overall advertising strategy.
- Week over week improvement in marketing profits.
- Create the vision for growth to 12M in annual revenue.
- Generate high-quality leads for the sales team.
- Track all data (ROAS, Profitability, CPA, LTV, etc).
- Manage freelancers in the marketing department.
You will report directly to the CEO, Rob Mayzes. You will also liaise with the other directors in the team (Sales Director, Client Success Director, COO).
What We Can Offer You
- High potential for six-figure pay with uncapped commissions (you will get a generous share of all profits made). Exact base salary and profit share percentage based on experience.
- Team retreats every year.
- World-class training and coaching to help you to expand your skills.
- You must be obsessed with numbers and make decisions based on data – not emotion.
- You need to have a natural curiosity for all things marketing. This is a diverse role that requires knowledge and expertise in a wide range of areas.
- You must be a professional problem solver who can take initiative and find solutions to major constraints as we scale up.
- You must be a growth-oriented individual who has high aspirations and is constantly seeking self-improvement.
- You must be entrepreneurial. You will have complete ownership over this part of the business and nobody will be holding your hand or telling you what to do.
- You’re happy getting into the weeds and do things yourself. For this position, we’re looking for somebody who has enough experience to step into a leadership role but would be happy to keep running ads themselves instead.
- Ideally, you’re a musician or producer yourself. This will give you innate knowledge of the space.
- Above all, you need to be an extremely fast learner. I’m not expecting you to know everything coming into this role, so you need to be incredibly coachable in order to succeed.
- Running and scaling YouTube in-stream ads and Facebook ads
- Managing the development of new creative by writing copy and video scripts, liaising with copywriters where necessary, working with the video editor etc.
- Taking over management of all marketing software. We use WordPress (Thrive Architect, Thrive Leads, Thrive Optimize), Ontraport, EasyWebinar, HYROS, Data Studio, Tag Manager, G Suite, Zapier, ScheduleOnce, PlusThis, Typeform, Wistia and more.
- Taking over maintenance of our email service provider, Ontraport, and managing all automation
- Creating pages and funnels in Thrive Architect (or DropFunnels/ClickFunnels)
Data and Tracking
- Tracking all data and KPIs
- Maintaining reports
- Providing weekly and monthly projections
- Extensive experience running both Facebook ads and YouTube in-stream ads is essential. We’re looking for candidates who have managed $5M+ in total ad spend, and scaled to $20k+ in daily spend.
- Copywriting experience is essential
- Experience with a wide range of digital marketing software is essential
- Leadership and management experience is essential. You’ll do a lot of the heavy lifting yourself, but will also manage a team of freelancers (your assistant, copywriters, blog editor, video editor etc.)
Want to apply for this position?
Just complete this application form.